What is it?
It is a bootloader flash tool for Ard products. If you do not understand what is bootloader I suggest you have a look this:
- Bootloader Development
- Ard as ISP and Ard Bootloaders
Why did you make it?
Now I have some Arudino products like Wifi Duck... Bootloader is a problem during Ard develop process. I want to share my exprience for those Ard developers. Now I only use Ard Leonardo as my target but theoretically other target is also OK.
What makes it special?
It is pre-flashed with Ard ISP software
- Connect Flash Tool and computer via a Micro-USB cable.
- Connect Flash Tool to the target board.
- Indicate LED will turn off for about 10 seconds.
- Wait until LED turn up .
- Open Ard IDE and select the item in the Tools->Board menu that corresponds to the board on which you want to burn the bootloader (Ard,Nano,Leonardo...).
- Select Port COMXX(Ard Leonardo) .
- Select the Ard as ISP(Atmega32u4) in the Tools>Programmer menu.
- Use the Burn Bootloader command.
- You will see Indicate LED is twinkling when burning process start.
- Twinkling LED will be off and software says "Finish" at the same time when buring process finish.